Recommended Reads: December 2014

00:00

So, I already posted my favourite books of the year in the end of 2014 (Part I and Part II) and they were so many that I split the list into two posts. Now at the beginning of 2015 I am doing my monthly meme of the books I loved the most during the passing month.


December was a strong month for my reading - 3 DNFs (which is a lot for me for just one month) and too few books read because the holidays completely turned upside down my everyday routine. I've read two books that I can highly recommend this month and incidentally (or not so much since I've been on m/m reading streak lately), both of them are queer romances.

Genre/Themes: Steampunk, queer romance, novellas
My review to come
Add on Goodreads
Buy on Amazon / B&N / Riptide

Anything, Alexis Hall writes goes straight to my recommended reads list, every single thing. Four additional stories about our beloved heroes and heroines from Prosperity. It's easier to read because the slang isn't as heavy as in Prosperity and all the stories are beyond amazing. I think my adjective to describe Mr. Hall's stories is mesmerising. I think you can start with this stories in order to get a feel of the world of Prosperity and then move on to the novel itself which is an amazing read, but a challenging one, especially if English is not your first language


Genre/Themes: NA romance, College, hockey, m/m
My review 
Add on Goodreads
This is book 3 in the Ivy Years series by Sarina Bowen. It's a m/m romance between two college hockey players - a very intense story touching on a lot of issues young gay men face - coming out (forced or on their own), homophobia, family rejection, unwilling flagmen, being gay in sports. 
Very real, touching and engaging. 

*** *** ***

What are recommended reads from December? Leave me a comment or enter the url of your post in the link-up tool. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images