Best Reads of 2014 Part II

01:50

Here are the titles that made reading such a pleasure during the second half of the year. They are mostly by new-to-me authors who are now an auto-buy for me. It's romance in all its diversity - contemporary, steampunk, paranormal, new adult, comedy, m/m, bikers!


Read my review / Add the book on Goodreads
/ Buy the book on Amazon
Shield of winter (Psy-changeling #13) by Nalini Singh. I only discovered Nalini Singh's world of Phys and Changelings and went on a binge read of the series early in the year in order to get ready for the latest installment. And what an exciting story that was! Highly recommended series for any PNR fan. The next book in the series, Shards of Hope in coming out in June 2015.

Read my review / Add the book on Goodreads
/ Buy the book on Amazon
ay it Down (Desert Dogs #1) by Cara McKenna. Not a bikers romance, though the characters do ride bikes. Smart erotica by an author whose style I thoroughly enjoy! Next book, Give It All, comes out in February 2015


Read my review / Add the book on Goodreads
/ Buy the book on Amazon
Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City #4) by Penny Reid. I just Penny Reid and everything she writes. This is less funny and more melancholic than the previous books in the series> Instead, it's a really intense and all-consuming, once-in-a-lifetime of romance. And we'll get the stories of all of Ashley's six Winston brothers

Read my review / Add the book on Goodreads
/ Buy the book on Amazon
The Year We Fell Down (The Ivy Years #1) by Sarina Bowen. I've been sceptic of New Adult lately and this college story involving a girl with disability and a hot hockey player was a wonderful surprise. So much, that I completed the whole series and other two novel and the novella very much. 


Read my review / Add the book on Goodreads
/ Buy the book on Amazon

I can safely say that Alexis Hall was my biggest and best discovery of the year. I love his style of writing and the stories he tells are so just so powerful and intensely emotional. The true power and beauty of love. This book is bit difficult to read because it's written in heavy slang but once you get the hang of it, it's just mesemerizing! 
An accompanying book, Liberty and Other stories, releases on 5 Jan 2015.

Read my review / Add the book on Goodreads
/ Buy the book on Amazon
Glitterland was published before Prosperity but I| read it after it and I already loved Mr. Hall's style was, this comtemproary m/m romance was a real treat. The characters are so vivid and real and their romance feels authentic and natural. Furthermore, it explores issues of depression and artistic creation and I have a serious soft spot for this. Next book in the series, Waiting for the Flood, comes out in February

Read my review / Add the book on Goodreads
/ Buy the book on Amazon
 This was my first romance by an Indian romance and it was an absolutely lovely read. It was cute and fluffy and serious and dramatic like a real Bollywood movie. It takes right  into the heart of Indian culture with its complextity and ambiguity in the modern wolrd.

Read my review / Add the book on Goodreads
/ Buy the book on Amazon

I've been hesitant of New Adult lately, but this m/m college romance was a nice surprise. Togther with Sarina Bowen's The Ivy Years, these are the best NA romance I read recently. Woderfully compelx characters involved in a true-to-life story of love and life and the choices we make anf growing up to be the best you can be. 
Next book in the series, Nothing Like Paris, comes out in March 2015.


Don't miss the Best Reads Part I! Eight more fantastic books I read in the first half of 2014.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images