Teaser Tuesday 45

02:15


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Here are the rules:

• Grab your current read 
• Open to a random page 
• Share two (2) or a few more “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
• Be careful not the include spoilers! 

This week's teaser comes from Jaded by Anne Calhoun. This is the second book in Walkers Ford series but it can be read as a standalone. It is a small town romance between a librarian (big city girl) and the local chief of police. It sounds cliche but I'm 40% done and so far it's nothing like it. This is my first book by Anne Calhoun and I'm really enjoying it. 

I want to share two teasers this time - one for her and one from him. Enjoy!

"I'm a librarian. Nothing exciting happens to me." - Alana

"No expectations. Just take what she is giving you. Don't ask for more. Hope it what burns you. Not disappointment." -  Chief Ridgeway



Jaded (Walkers Ford #2) - Anne Calhoun

Synopsis

They can’t hide from desire.…

After life as a cop in Denver leaves him burned-out, Lucas Ridgeway returns to Walkers Ford, South Dakota, to serve as their chief of police. He’s hoping to start over with a clean slate and avoid any emotional entanglements—even after his next-door neighbor kisses him senseless. Alana is passionate, dedicated, and most importantly leaving town soon. So why not have some fun?

Alana Wentworth comes from a larger-than-life political family, yet all she wanted was to be a librarian. Then after an embarrassing marriage proposal from Mr. Not-For-Her, she jumps at the chance to live her dream for a few months. She wasn't supposed to get involved with the community—or sexy, troubled Lucas. But when the time comes for Alana to put Walkers Ford behind her, she’s not ready. And Lucas may not be ready for her to go….



You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. aah... gotta love the librarian MC :) Sounds like a great read, enjoy!

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy, not a book that appeals to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beware of fiery librarians :o) I'm not really into romance novels, but this sounds like a fun read.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on... Hands up, who wants to be a librarian? ;)
    Hope you're enjoying it, Ellie :)

    Here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was an assistant librarian for a little while when I was in university, so it's sort of familiar territory :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a fun read...and also I wish I was a librarian! Happy reading!

    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to be a librarian! Here's my teaser:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2014/02/teaser-tuesday-2414.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is my kind of book Maybe because one of my many careers was as a librarian. Click here to go to Mixed Book Bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have some experience as a librarian so I can relate in a way to the heroine's statement :)

      Delete
  8. This sounds like a good story. I've never visited South Dakota, and it would be fun to go there through a book.
    My Teaser is from CAPE MAYBE.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images