Teaser Tuesday 61

01:56



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Here are the rules:
• Grab your current read 
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) or a few more “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.

I continued with Molly O'Keefe's Boys of Bishop series this week. I'm reading it out of order, so my teaser today is from Never Been Kissed (Book #2) which is to be released on July 1. I just finished it and it's another good small-town romance with interesting characters. I definitely like the writing and I'll be reading more of Ms O'Keefe's books in the future. 

Here is the teaser: 

Mama used to say only fools believed in luck or the generosity of the universe. Hard work and courage were the only way to turn possibility into reality.

Molly O'Keefe

Synopsis

As the daughter of a wealthy politician, Ashley Montgomery has had enough of her parents’ expectations for her future and is going her own way, volunteering to work at a refugee camp in Africa. But her act of charity turns dangerous when she takes a boat trip and is abducted by Somali pirates. Enter Brody Baxter, who was a bodyguard for the Montgomery family ten years ago and doesn’t think twice about coming to Ashley’s rescue. Handsome and tough, Brody has always done what needed to be done. So he swoops in, saves Ashley, and brings her to a place where she can rest and recuperate without the glare of the press and her demanding family: Brody’s small hometown of Bishop, Arkansas. But Ashley soon realizes that she’s not the only one in need of healing.

Holed up with Ashley in a tiny apartment over his brother’s bar in Bishop, Brody is tempted and torn in ways he never anticipated. Beautiful Ashley, vibrant despite her ordeal, fearless enough to love him beyond his wall of self-punishment, is now determined to save him. But with a little faith and a lot of love, they just may find happiness in each others’ arms.

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Wise Mama!
    I'm happy you're having a good time with this series, Ellie :)

    Here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Silvia! I'm really enjoying this series. Can't wait for the next book which is coming out in November :)

      Delete
  2. I have an ARC of this one. It sounds cute. Nice teaser!

    My teaser: http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2014/05/teaser-tuesday-38-take-me-on-by-katie.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it. I read an ARC of the next one and I loved it as well :)

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a cute series! I may have to look into that for a good summer read.

    Here is my Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not my kind of book!

    Here is my teaser post from Night Fish by Kristine Ong Muslim .

    AND

    Here is my intro post from Sufficient Ransom by Sylvia Sarno .

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good motto live by! This sounds like a cute read and I've been meaning to check out Molly O'Keefe. Glad to hear you're enjoy her stuff! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my teasers at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series is my first read of Molly O'Keefe's books and definitely like her style and the stories she tells. I can recommend Boys of Bishop series to all fans of romance.

      Delete
  6. Sounds good to me, great choice of teaser. Here is my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/05/27/tuesday-teaser-may-27/

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images