Teaser Tuesday 59

00:00



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Here are the rules:
• Grab your current read 
• Open to a random page 
• Share two (2) or a few more “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.

My teaser this week comes for Snow-kissed (Snow Queen #1), a novella by Laura Florand. I'm a fan of this author and loved this book very much, probably the most of everything I've read by her. It's full of guilt and pain, yet there a lot of love and eventually a hope for the future is born, all this wrapped in a very beautiful and sensual writing style.

"... Tears dampened her eyes as she imagined him as daffodils - such a funny image for his athletically geeky carefulness and controlled masculinity - and yet it suited him somehow. Stubborn, persistent, determined to get through the snow."


Synopsis

Florand takes us to a snow-kissed Christmas cabin for this heart-wrenching tale of love, loss, forgiveness—and hope. After the utter destruction of her marriage and her happiness, Kai knew it was better to shut herself away from the world than to hurt and be hurt. Holed up in her mountain cabin, she planned to spend her Christmas alone. Until her not-quite-ex-husband shows up as the first flakes start to fall. Now should she send him back out into the cold? Or can she be brave enough to let this winter snow bind them back together?

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. What a nice image! I'm glad you loved the book and I will probably end up checking it out! Thanks for sharing, Ellie :)

    Here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read several books by Florand and enjoyed them -- mostly the ones set in Paris. I'd give this one a try. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing! Here is my teaser from Out of Reach by Missy Johnson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard if this before. Thanks for sharing!

    Trish - my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely teaser, Ellie! Thanks for sharing, here's mine: http://darkfrannysthoughts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/teaser-tuesday-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful teaser! Sounds good to me!!

    Here is my teaser post!

    AND

    Here is my Intro post!

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images