Best Reads of 2014 Part I

03:25

I've started sharing my #BestReads2014 one by one on Twitter and Facebook and will continue to do so all through December. This was a fantastic year for me in terms of reading and I found some little jems, discovered some amazing author and their stories which brought so much emotion, both joy and tears in my life.

I've divided my best reads of the year in twoposts since they are too many for a single one. The books are listed in chronological order of reading them. I read a lot of romance, some m/m, some New Adult, a little bit of fantasy and it's all reflected here. I hope you will find something you like and give it a try in the New Year.

Best books of 2014 Part I

Read my review / Add the book on Goodreads 
Buy the book on Amazon
The Emperor's Blades (Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne #1) by Brian Staveley - I loved this first book in a debut epic fantasy series. Gomplex world-building, intriguing plot and great characters, what's not to like. Book 2, The Providence of Fire releases on 13 Jan 2015.

Read my review / Add the book on Goodreads 
/ Buy the book on Amazon
The Chocolate Temptation (Amour et Chocolat #6) by Laura FlorandI find this series just delicious and Patrick and Sarah's story was no exception. Emotioanlly intense and beautifully written.

 
Read my review 1 and review 2 / Add book 1 and book 2 on Goodreads 
Buy book 1 and book 2 on Amazon
Move the Sun and Behold the Stars (Signal Bend #1 and #2) by Susan Fanetti. This is a great biker romance (both books deal with the same couple) which stands out with its strong heroine and powerful writing. 

Read my review / Add the book on Goodreads 
/ Buy the book on Amazon
It Happened One Wedding (FBI / US Attorney #5) by  Julie James. Another favourite series of contemporary romances this time involving lawyers and FBI agents. 

Read my review / Add the book on Goodreads 
/ Buy the book on Amazon
Snow-Kissed (Snow Queen #1) by Laura Florand - Another title by Ms Florand made my list this year and this little novel just broke my heart. The story resonated deeply with me.

Read my review / Add the book on Goodreads 
/ Buy the book on Amazon
The Kraken King (Iron Seas #4) by Meljean Brook - My first steampunk romance and I loved everything about it - the action/adventure, the world building, the amazing characters and their romance
Read my review / Add the book on Goodreads 
/ Buy the book on Amazon
Between the Sheets (Boys of Bishop #3) by Molly O'Keefe - A surprise small-town romance by a new-to-author which was raw and gritty and emotional and all-around fantastcic
Read my review / Add the book on Goodreads 
/ Buy the book on Amazon
Complicated creatures (Part 1) by Alexis Lawless - This intense romantic suspense with strong characters was another woderful surprise and I can recommend to anyone


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images