My 2014 in Books

00:29

My 2014 in Books


I'm late to this party but I figured it's still Januray, so it's OK to post how my 2014 looks in terms of the books I read.


Total books read: 135


1. Best Book You Read In 2014?

Can't pick just one, sorry. I've already posted my top 16 best reads of 2014 in two posts - Part I and Part II

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

No limits (Ultimate #1) by Lori Foster - I wanted so much more for Cannon in this book. I find the heroine really annoying
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014? 
Complicated Creatures series (Part I, Part II and a novella in between) by Alexi Lawless. I started this series after the author sent me an unsolicited request to review the first book. I rarely take up such requests since I don't have the time any more but for some reason I decided to give this romantic suspense a try and I'm so happy I did. It was the best possible surprise, a very well written, fast-paced and engaging read with strong characters.

4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?

5. Best series you started in 2014? 
Psy-changeling by Nalini Singh - my first PNR and I'm loving it. I've also read all the free stories of the author's site and the accompanying novellas. Can't wait for the next book, Shards of Hope, coming out in June 2015.











6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
A tie between Sarina Bowen (The Ivy Years series) and Molly O'Keefe (Boys of Bishop series)
   


7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read?
Half a King (Shattered Sea #1) by Joe Abercrombie - I don't typically read much fantasy but I enjoyed this one a lot


8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year? 
The Kraken King by Meljean Brook - steampunk adventure romance











9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year? 
Prosperity by Alexis Hall - it's such a beautiful and complex story and I'm sure I'll discovered things I've missed the first time round










10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014? 
Sun-kissed by Laura Florand- It's not my favourite Laura Florand's book but the cover took my breath away the first time I saw it











11. Most memorable character of 2014? 
Drew Runous - Beauty and the Mustache by Penny Reid - a beared poet, philosopher, musician, alpha man, mountain game keeper!

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
Prosperity by Alexis Hall - written in thieves cant but the descriptions are mesmerizing,

The Chocolate Temptation - Laura Florand just writes the most deliciously sensual romances
 


13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
Everything by Alexis Hall I read this year!

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read? 
Psy-changeling series - I'm late to this party but I managed to catch up and now I'm addicted to this series











15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014? - Probably the most difficult question since I don't reread and rarelt mark passages in my books. Still, this one pretty much stayed with me.


"Dunno what I'd have done, if I'd been Ruben. truth is, I reckon most of us go through life begging folk to love us, one way or another. It's just I can't imagine having the bollocks, or the need, ot say it direct."
Piccadilly from Prospery by Alexis Hall 

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
At Peace - Kristen Ashley - 660 pp.
Glitterland: Aftermath - Alexis Hall - 28 pp

17. Book That Shocked You The Most.
Unravel - Calia Read - not what you'd expect from a NA romance, more of a psychological thriller than romance











18. OTP (One True Pairing) of the Year
Miss Frederica "Free" Marshall and Edward Clark from The Suffragette Scandal by Courtney Milan. I loved this two and their coming together was just a pleasure to read!

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Shadowed heart by Laura Florand - the relationship between all the French chocolatiers











20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously. 
Beauty and Mutache - Penny Reid










21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else.
Liesmith (Book of Wyrd #1) - Alis Franklin - It was an interesting and unusual read, a bit difficult and I wished I had enjoyed it more











22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014? 
Drew Runous - Beauty and the Mustache by Penny Reid

23. Best 2014 debut you read? 
Bollywood Affair - Sonali Dev










24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year? 
The Kraken King by Meljean Brook

The Emperor's Blades by Brian Staveley




25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Love Hacked by Penny Reid











26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014? 
Snow-kissed by Laura Florand. This short novella about love and loss touched me on a very personal level.











27. Hidden Gem Of The Year? 
Sand and Gold and Ruin by Alexis Hall - a beautifully written heart-breaking short story unlike anything I've read before











28. Book That Crushed Your Soul? (Take that question literally. Take that title seriously.)
Snow-kissed by Laura Florand. This short novella about love and loss touched me on a very personal level.











29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014? (Don’t ask.)
Prosperity by Alexis Hall - unique both in style of writing and the story itself











30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
All the books I didn't finish this year made me mad.

This topic was originally part of a blog meme done by Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner with some more details and the link-up is already closed but I did it mostly fo myself beacuse I though it would be fun to go back through the books I read during the year and pick the most fitting ones for the different question. It took me a while and was frustrating at times, still I'm glad I did and I hope you will enjoy reading the list I've compiled. Feel free to share some of your choices, as always your comments are deeply appreciated.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images