Waiting on Wednesday 06

22:00


I joined a new book meme last week. Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and it features books that we are eagerly awaiting to be released.


Title: The Young Elites 
Author:Marie Lu
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Dystopia

Release Date: 7 October 2014







Synopsis

I am tired of being used, hurt, and cast aside.

Adelina Amouteru is a survivor of the blood fever. A decade ago, the deadly illness swept through her nation. Most of the infected perished, while many of the children who survived were left with strange markings. Adelina’s black hair turned silver, her lashes went pale, and now she has only a jagged scar where her left eye once was. Her cruel father believes she is a malfetto, an abomination, ruining their family’s good name and standing in the way of their fortune. But some of the fever’s survivors are rumored to possess more than just scars—they are believed to have mysterious and powerful gifts, and though their identities remain secret, they have come to be called the Young Elites.

Teren Santoro works for the king. As Leader of the Inquisition Axis, it is his job to seek out the Young Elites, to destroy them before they destroy the nation. He believes the Young Elites to be dangerous and vengeful, but it’s Teren who may possess the darkest secret of all.

Enzo Valenciano is a member of the Dagger Society. This secret sect of Young Elites seeks out others like them before the Inquisition Axis can. But when the Daggers find Adelina, they discover someone with powers like they’ve never seen.

Adelina wants to believe Enzo is on her side, and that Teren is the true enemy. But the lives of these three will collide in unexpected ways, as each fights a very different and personal battle. But of one thing they are all certain: Adelina has abilities that shouldn’t belong in this world. A vengeful blackness in her heart. And a desire to destroy all who dare to cross her.

It is my turn to use. My turn to hurt.

Why am I waiting for this? - Simply because I loved the Legend Trilogy and the blurb for this new series sounds sooo good :) Can't wait to read what ms Lu has in store for us this time. You can read the first three chapters online here - 
http://www.nerdist.com/2014/05/exclusive-the-first-chapter-of-marie-lus-the-young-elites/ 

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Marie Lu is just epic in bringing all the feels and I adored Legend. Need to catch up with the rest of the series. I'm looking forward to this one too :) Here's to hoping we both enjoy it!

    Siiri @ Little Pieces of Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen in many WoW even before today. I haven't read any from Marie Lu yet but I've heard great things about her books. Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this book is going to be even better than the Legend trilogy. Great pick! :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is going to be terrific. I feel like her books are always so very good.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read the Legend series yet, but seriously can't wait for this! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this cover and i've heard such great things from Marie Lu, i cant wait to read this either :) Great pick!

    Nemo @ Blame it on the book

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was almost my pick for this week! The Young Elites sounds SO amazing. I also loved Lu's Legend series, and I just know this book is going to be just as good. The summary sounds awesome, and the cover is perfect.

    Lovely pick! <3

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you, Ellie! Never heard of this author but the blurb is definitely intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read the Legend Trilogy, but I'm already excited about this one! (I think I'll grab Legend from the library the next time I go). Great pick! :)

    Holly @ Part of that World

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images