Waiting on Wednesday 05

21:39

I joined a new book meme last week. Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and it features books that we are eagerly awaiting to be released.


Title: The Promise (The 'Burg #5)
Autjor: Kristen Ashley
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release date: 8 July 2014

Pre-order: Amazon / Apple / B&N / Smashwords






Synopsis

Since his brother’s death, Benny Bianchi has been nursing his grudge against the woman he thinks led to his brother’s downfall. He does this to bury the feelings he has for Francesca Concetti, his brother’s girl. But when Frankie takes a bullet while on the run with Benny’s cousin’s woman, Benny has to face those feelings.

The problem is Frankie has decided she’s paid her penance. Penance she didn’t deserve to pay. She’s done with Benny and the Bianchi family. She’s starting a new life away from Chicago and her heartbreaking history.

Benny has decided differently.

But Frankie has more demons she’s battling. Demons Benny wants to help her face. But life has landed so many hard knocks on Frankie she’s terrified of believing in the promise of Benny Bianchi and the good life he’s offering.

Frankie’s new life leads her to The ‘Burg, where Benny has ties, and she finds she not only hasn’t succeeded in getting away, she’s doesn’t want to.

Why am I waiting for this? - At Peace (The 'Burg #2) is one my favourite books by Kristen Ashley. We see quite a bit of Benny and Frankie there so I was excited about their story. Based on their shared history, things won't be easy and simple for those two, so I'm looking forward to an intense story full of drama and passion and in typical KA style, a sweet, fulfilling HEA epilogue. 

PS: The first four books in the series are currently on sale for 0.99$, so if you haven't read them yet and would like to do so, now is a good time to grab them. 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Ooh, great pick! I've read a couple of Kristen Ashley's MC books, but I hadn't heard of this series. Thanks for sharing (and for the sale alert :)).

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kimberly
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like KA, but I have many friends that do. I hope this book lives up to your expectations when it's out :)
    Mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is new to me but I'm curious. Hope you read it soon :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images