Teaser Tuesday 56

00:00


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Here are the rules:
• Grab your current read 
• Open to a random page 
• Share two (2) or a few more “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

My teaser this week comes from Breakable (Contours of the Heart #2) by Tammara Webber. It's a companion novel to Easy (Contours of the Heart #1) and it releases on May 6. I was lucky to get an ARC and just finished it. It's an emotional NA story which complements book 1 in the best possible way. 

But I wasn't fine. I was anything but fine. That night had shattered me. I'd walled myself in to keep from breaking further, but no defense will protect you from every possible pain. I was just as breakable as everyone else - the girl in my arms included. But I could hope. I could love. And maybe, I could heal. 

Synopsis

He was lost and alone. Then he found her.
And the future seemed more fragile than ever.

As a child, Landon Lucas Maxfield believed his life was perfect and looked forward to a future filled with promise — until tragedy tore his family apart and made him doubt everything he ever believed.

All he wanted was to leave the past behind. When he met Jacqueline Wallace, his desire to be everything she needed came so easy…

As easy as it could be for a man who learned that the soul is breakable and that everything you hoped for could be ripped away in a heartbeat.


You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Is this a teen series?

    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not really teen series. It's New Adult since the characters are both in college, though the second book goes back in time to the hero's teenage years.

      Delete
  2. Aaw, this sounds tragic. The dude on the cover sort of looks like a very young Ryan Gosling, no? Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a good week! My Teasers
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds an emotional read, indeed... I think this is a NA I could really enjoy, thanks for sharing, Ellie!

    Here's my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, this looks quite intense. I've been feeling emotional lately, so I'm keeping this one in mind. Thanks for sharing, Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been reading a few YA and NA books recently, and this sounds like one I would enjoy. Lots of drama and emotion in your Teaser.
    My Teaser is from LOVING CHLOE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting teaser! Happy reading!!

    Here is my teaser post!

    AND

    Here is my Intro post!

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images