Teaser Tuesday 54

02:00



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Here are the rules:


• Grab your current read 
• Open to a random page 
• Share two (2) or a few more “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
• Be careful not the include spoilers!

My teaser this week comes from the book I'm currently reading, Roman Holiday: The Complete Adventure by Ruthie Knox. Ms Knox is one my favourite writers when it comes to contemporary romance and I'm enjoying this one very much. It's a enemies-to-lovers story which features one very impulsive, chaotic heroine and one disciplined, invincible hero going on a road trip of sorts.


He needed to recalibrate his expectations, somehow. It shouldn't be possible for her to keep knocking him off balance, and so easily. The deeper she disturbed the stillness he'd spent so many years cultivating, the happier she seemed to be. 


Synopsis 

Ashley Bowman has always been impetuous, but even she is a little shocked when she chains herself to a palm tree in the Florida Keys hours before a hurricane is due to blow in. It’s all with the hope of saving her childhood home from a heartless Miami developer. But the moment she meets Roman Díaz she realizes he does have a heart—it’s just encased in ice. Ashley’s determined to get Roman to crack . . . even if she has to drag him all over the eastern seaboard to do it.

Roman can hardly believe he’s been talked into driving across the country with this brazen wild child in a skimpy bikini. He tells himself he had no choice—Ashley insists he meets the elderly snowbirds whose community will be displaced by his career-making development deal. But in truth he knows that there’s something about Ashley that makes him want to get a little wild himself . . . and the closer they get, the more tempted he becomes.
 Purhcase links: Amazon / B&N / iBooks / Kobo

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I really like your teaser, Ellie! I'm very happy to hear you're enjoying the read so much :)

    Here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are going to heat up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser and fun premise for a romance. My teasers this week are from The Chance by Robyn Carr and House of Ivy & Sorrow by Natalie Whipple. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like it could be fun! Although I do at times appreciate stillness so I don't know how happy I'd be if someone constantly interrupted it either! Thanks for sharing :) I'm following on Bloglovin'!
    My Teaser
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I once lived in South Florida, I know I'd enjoy the setting of this book. The plot sounds good too. I'll read it for sure.
    My Teaser is from SNOW FENCE ROAD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting, thanks for sharing! Here is my teaser! Shut Up & Read

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah someone with a real passion but it does sound like someone is making waves :-) Here is my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/teaser-tuesday-april-8/

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images