ARC Challenge: Week 2

04:26

My friend Lexie over at Fastidious reader started an ARC Challenge 2013 together with Deniz from Closet Geeks and Slow Mo. The challenge is pretty simple - read and review at least one, if possible two ARCs a week and it goes on till the end of this year. Since I am literally swamped with ARCs some of which I requested rather foolishly, I decided to join them.

Here is how I did with the ARC challenge: I posted 2 ARC reviews. I didn't read the books I planned initially, but still managed to finish one more ARC - The Chocolate Heart by Laura Florand.  It was a 5-star read for me and I will be posting my review hopefully on Monday. 




It is the perfect holiday romance which I enjoyed immensely (my review). It is the first in a series about the O'Neil brothers and I am already looking forward to Sean's story in book 2 which is set to be released in the summer of next year.


Sempre (Forever Series #1) - J. M. Darhower


This is a revised edition of the book which was originally self-published last year. It is shorter by 200 pages than the first edition. It is an emotional YA romantic suspense with Mafia setting (my review). I liked it a lot and plan on the reading the second and final book in the series, Sempre: Redemption, which comes out on 16 December.


My plans for this week involve reading and reviewing the books I didn't finish last week - Castle Hill: A Joss and Braden Novella by Samantha Young and Jagged (Colorado Mountain 5) by Kristen Ashley. and I am adding a holiday anthology to them, A Christmas to Remember (short stories by Hope Ramsey, Molly Cannon, Kristen Ashley, Jill Shalvis and Marilyn Pappano). I am terrible at sticking to my plans when it comes to reading, so I most likely will end up reading a completely different list of books, but still some of them will be ARCs, that's for sure. 


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I've been meaning to read Sempre! Since it came out, the girls over at GR are making me read it. I tried.. I mean, I looked at the first sentence, checked how many pages it got... And yeah, I read a different book after. LOL. I'm not a big fan of long books. Like 300+ pages. I could only read books with that kind of page if it's fantasy like Harry Potter. >.< Great to know you are keeping up, Ellie! :)

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images