New and Debut: Jezz de Silva

00:00

Hi and welcome to the first New and Debut post for 2018. I'm very excited to have as my guest Australian romance author Jezz de Silva. The first book in his Outback Hearts series, Against All Odds, was released in September 2017. The next installment in the series, A Choice of Fate, comes out today. Read my interview with Jezz to learn how he got into writing romance and what you can expect from his books. 



Meet Jezz

1. Tell us about yourself and why did you decide to become a romance writer?
My First Reader and I live in the hills outside Melbourne, Australia, in a home overrun by geriatric rescued animals. A while back we escaped the corporate world and downsized our lives. I picked up a job as a test driver and started listening to audiobooks while driving. I study and teach personal protection so I listened to a lot of non-fiction about managing fear and violence. After getting tired of dealing with the darker side of human nature I searched for something uplifting and discovered the guaranteed HEA of romance. I listened to romance pretty much non-stop for months and was well and truly hooked when a scene popped into my head and just wouldn’t get out. The last time I wrote anything creative was back in high school a looong time ago. In desperation I wrote the scene down and found I couldn’t stop. A year later that same scene made it into my first book, ‘Home’. My life changed overnight when ‘Home’ was accepted for publishing. I received that magical email about three years ago and from that moment I’ve been a professional romance writer. My First Reader and I still look at each other and shake our heads. There is no way either of us could’ve expected I’d end up becoming a romance writer.

2. Can you share some of your favorite books and authors?
Sooooo many fav authors: Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Nora Roberts, J.R.Ward, Molly Harper, Robyn Carr, Jill Shalvis, Thea Harrison, Jennifer Crusie, Stephenie Meyer.
Fav books: Chicago All Stars series (Natural Born Charmer) by SEP, Chasing Fire & The Witness by NR, Twilight, The Host, The Chemist by SM, Kulti by Mariana Zapata, Elder Races series (1,2,3) by TH, Black Dagger Brotherhood series (1,2,4 & 10) by JRW.

3. Who/what do you consider your writing influence/inspiration?
My heroines. Everything I write in focused on giving my heroines the HEA’s they deserve.

4. What kind of stories can the readers expect from you (contemporary/historical/sci-fi, adult/NA/YA, etc.)?
Tough heroes, tougher heroines, and guaranteed HEA’s in contemporary romances that will hopefully make readers laugh, cry, and leave them with smiles on their faces.

5. Please, introduce your latest/upcoming release.
‘A Choice of Fate’ is the second book in the Outback Heart Series and follows Olivia and Jarrah’s HEA. It can be read as a stand alone but follows on a few months after the end of book one ‘Against All Odds.’


Los Angeles based Doctor Olivia Williams has everything she’s ever dreamed of—a healthy sister, the job of a lifetime, and more freedom than she knows what to do with. And she’s kicking off her new life with a month-long adventure Down Under to celebrate her sister’s wedding and meet the in-laws. But when the groom’s brother shows up to retrieve her from her hotel, the drop-dead gorgeous lawyer is everything and nothing she expected, and she'll have to make a choice she never anticipated.

Australian Jarrah Harper has an Aston Martin parked beneath his penthouse, an overflowing little black book, and an obscenely lucrative legal practice that ensures he’ll never have to wrangle cattle or wipe sweat from his forehead ever again. But he still feels empty. When he sees his family’s home through the eyes of the entrancing Olivia, suddenly he’s rethinking everything. Including the fact that the alluring Olivia spells nothing but trouble.


Author Bio and Links


Please don’t freak out. I’m just your average Aussie romance writer! :) My long suffering First Reader and I live in a tiny one wombat town in the hills outside Melbourne, Australia. And when I say one wombat town I really mean it. I see the little girl when walking Bear and Max, my plot and character consultants. Our little patch of heaven is overrun by a zoo of geriatric rescued animals who eat us out of house and home when not sleeping or guilting us into walks. And we wouldn’t have it any other way. When not tapping my fingers or banging my head on a keyboard creating happily ever afters, I love spending time with family and friends, cooking, EATING, gardening, renovating our castle, and teaching personal protection ;)



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images