Mini Review: Drew and Fable Forever by Monica Murphy

04:46


Title: Drew + Fable Forever (One Week Girlfriend Quartet #3.5)
Author: Monica Murphy
Date of publication: 14 Jan 2014
Genre: New Adult, Romance
Author's links:
Website / Twitter / Facebook / Goodreads

My rating: 2 stars



Synopsis

Fantasy. How I ended up with NFL player Drew Callahan, the guy every woman wants, is beyond my wildest dreams. All I know is that once he chose me as his one and only, I sure wasn’t looking back. I had past wounds and he showed patience and concern—even taking responsibility for my messed-up kid brother. Now, once again, he’s found a way to blow my mind: an exotic wedding and honeymoon miles and miles away from home. What else could a girl ever ask for?

Reality. Now the honeymoon’s over. Drew’s football schedule takes him on the road constantly, while I need to stay put and look after my brother until he finishes high school—because God knows our sorry excuse for a mother won’t. I know Drew loves me with all his heart, and I’ll always be over the moon about him. This just isn’t how I imagined our life as newlyweds . . . dealing with the distance, missing him all the time. But we’ve gone through hard times before. We can get through this, too, right? We’re Drew and Fable, together forever. At least I hope so. . . .

My Mini Review

I enjoyed Drew and Fable's story in the first two books in the series, this follow up absolutely redundant and pointless. There was no real conflict in this follow-up novella and it really didn't add anything new to the characters and their story. 

There were some sweet times and some sexy times, the chemistry between Drew and Fable was as strong as ever but all this is not enough for me to give the book a higher rating. 

Things worked out almost perfectly for Drew and Fable - they are young, rich and successful and they have each other. The issues they faced as a married couple were just skimmed through without going into any depth. All the drama with Fable's pregnancy was unnecessary and I felt it didn't fit with Fable's strong and sassy nature.

Overall, for me Drew and Fable's story was sufficiently developed and completed in a satisfactory way in the first two books about them. All that happened in this one which wasn't not much at all, could have been included as an epilogue in book 2.

My reviews of the other books in the series. I'm currently reading the final book, Four Years later, which tells Owen's story. You can look for my review sometime next week:

One Week Girlfriend (One Week Girlfriend Quartet #1)
Second Chance Boyfriend (One Week Girlfriend Quartet #2)
Three Broken Promises (One Week Girlfriend Quartet #3)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images