ARC Challenege: Week 4

13:00

My friend Lexie over at Fastidious reader started an ARC Challenge 2013 together with Deniz from Closet Geeks and Slow Mo. The challenge is pretty simple - read and review at least one, if possible two ARCs a week and it goes on till the end of this year. Since I am literally swamped with ARCs some of which I requested rather foolishly, I decided to join them.

This was a busy week for me in terms of reading and reviewing. I read two novellas, two full-length novels and I DNFed another novel. I have written reviews for half of them. 


I abandoned at 40% Jagged by Kristen Ashley and wrote a very brief review on Goodreads explaining why this book didn't work for me, despite the fact that Colorado Mountains is my favourite series of Ms Ashley.


Castle Hill by Samantha Young was a disappointment for me, so I gave it 2 stars and shared a short review on Goodreads only. 


I wrote a full review of Love a Little Sideways by Shannon Stacey which is the seventh book in her series about the Kowaslkis families. It is a nice second-chance love but it is not my favourite of this series. 

I still need to write my reviews of the other three books:


Until Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young was a great read which I really enjoyed. It includes the events from Castle Hill and in my opinion their presentation here is much better. 


Under Fountain Bridge by Samantha Young is another novella in this series and it tells the story of Ellie and Adam. It is emotional and intense and I totally loved the way their love was presented in retrospect though Ellie's diary entries.


The final book for me this week was Before We Fall by Courtney Cole. Sadly, it was another disappointment for me. I liked the first book in the Beautifully Broken series, If You Stay, and I expected more of this one.

Hopefully, I will be able to finish my reviews of all three this week. 

This time I am not making any plans what I will be reading next week. I am thinking of taking a break from ARCs since I have other book to read as well - Bold Tricks by Karina Halle is the first that comes to mind, then Making Faces By Amy Harmon, and 8 more books of the Black Dagger Brotherhood :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I haven't read Courtney Cole's yet! I did the first book but the second and this third, I haven't yet. :(

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images