Teaser Tuesday 65

00:00


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Here are the rules:
• Grab your current read 
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) or a few more “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.

After some absence I'm back with the Teaser Tuesday Meme. Today I want to share a few sentences (it's a longish excerpt but it's really powerful one) that I stuck with me for a while after I finished Shied of Winter by Nalini Singh. It's book 13 her Psy-Changeling series and I published my 4-star review of it on the blog last week.

Love was a concept of which Vasic had no comprehension, though he knew how to recognize the signs of it in others. Learning the subtle physical cues that betrayed emotional bonds had been part of his training, intended to give him tools he could use to exploit targets from the emotional races. He didn't, however, actually understand what it was any more than a trained animal understood the words spoken to it. 

He could ask Judd to explain it to him, but he suspected he simply didn't have the correct emotional foundations to comprehend the explanation.


Nalini Singh

Synopsis


Assassin. Soldier. Arrow. That is who Vasic is, who he will always be. His soul drenched in blood, his conscience heavy with the weight of all he’s done, he exists in the shadows, far from the hope his people can almost touch—if only they do not first drown in the murderous insanity of a lethal contagion. To stop the wave of death, Vasic must complete the simplest and most difficult mission of his life. 

For if the Psy race is to survive, the empaths must wake…

Having rebuilt her life after medical “treatment” that violated her mind and sought to stifle her abilities, Ivy should have run from the black-clad Arrow with eyes of winter frost. But Ivy Jane has never done what she should. Now, she'll fight for her people, and for this Arrow who stands as her living shield, yet believes he is beyond redemption. But as the world turns to screaming crimson, even Ivy’s fierce will may not be enough to save Vasic from the cold darkness…



You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I don't think this one is for me, but I hope you are enjoying it!
    My Teaser today is from Losing Touch by Sandra Hunter.
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/07/tuesday-memes-losing-touch.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a love story.

    My TT is here:
    http://newhorizonreviews.blogspot.com/2014/07/teaser-tuesdays-is-weekly-bookish-meme_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Nalini Singh has created a unique world, peopled with unusual characters. It would be almost impossible to explain love to Vasic!
    My Teaser Tuesday excerpt is from HEARTS IN RUIN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for not being around much, Ellie. I've been going through a rough patch and kinda took a step back from commenting.

    I've heard many great things about both this author and this series, and your teaser certainly makes me want to find out more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by, Franny. I'm glad to hear from you again and I hope everything is OK with you now :)

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images