August Blog Recap

00:00

Here is this month's blog recap. August was a slow months for me, both in terms of reading and in terms of reviewing books. As an excuse I have to say it was a vacation month for my family, so I replaced my reading and blogging with some sunbathing and leisurely walks in the mountains.

I reviewed 5 books on the blog + 1 on Goodreads (Hopefully, I will add the review to the blog next week).
Click on the image to go to my review.














I continued with my participation in the Teaser Tuesday meme (19, 20, 21 and 22). I also joint another Tuesday feature - Top Ten Tuesday (01 - TTT Favourite Books Set in the Music Scene, 02 - TTT Things That Make Your Life As A Reader/Book Blogger Easier and 03 TTT Most Memorable Secondary Characters). It is great fun trying to come up with the full lists on the given topic. I am enjoying it a lot so far. 

This month I also started a new feature - a weekly post with links and brief comments on books I got for free from Amazon. Sometimes I include good books deals that I have come across during the week. 

I am happy that I managed to keep up with another monthly feature I have decided to do - Free Books Reviewed. This months I read and reviewed Promises by Marie Sexton. It was my first m/m romance and I really enjoyed it.

I also participated in the release event for Caisey Quinn's Girl on Tour (Kylie Ryans 2). I read the first book last month (my review) and really liked it. There are two giveaways going, so feel free to check them out :)

Best reads:
The best read of the month for me was Sins and Needles by Karina Halle which I just finished and haven't reviewed yet. Second to it comes Louder Than Love by Jessica Topper which was a nice surprise. I will be posting my review of it in the second week of September when the book releases.

Disappointment:
There were not major disappointments for me this month. Iced by Karen Marie Moning (my review on Goodreads) was not as good as the rest of the books in the series but since Dani is not my favourite character, I was not surprised that I did not like her book as much as the rest of the series. 

I have substituted my weekly post with new releases with a monthly page. You can find it at the top bar of the blog. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images