Top Ten Tuesday 0109:25
Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme hosted The Broke and the Bookish. There is a new topic for each week and the participating bloggers are invited to post their Top Ten lists on it. It is a fun feature for lovers of lists and so far I have come across it on many of the book blogs that I follow and often found new books to read through it.
Today I will be joining Top Ten Tuesday for the first time and hope that it will as much fun to participate in it as it is with my other Tuesday meme - Teaser Tuesday.
Top Ten Favorite Books With X Setting (ie: futuristic world, set mostly in schools, during World War II, books set in California etc. etc. So many possibilities!)
My Top Ten will feature favourite books set in the music scene/business. I love stories about musicians and some of the best books I have read over the past couple of years feature love and other stories set in the world of music making.
1. Where She Went (If I Stay 2) by Gayle Forman. This is my most favourite book of last year and I have just one word for it - heartbreaking! There is no other book that I have cried over so much. And the song lyrics ..., I could practically hear the songs. I still dream of a real rock/metal band performing them.
2. How to Kill a Rock Star by Tiffanie DeBartolo. It was just amazing and has the best representation of the music business that I have come across in contemporary fiction. It also includes some killer song lyrics.
3. Harmonic Feedback by Tara Kelly. A girl with "a touch of Asperger's" expresses herself through music, It is a great YA novel with very realistic and compassionate representation of mental illness.
4. In the Band (Luminescent Juliet 1) by Jean Haus. It is a nice YA/NA love story about a girl drummer and the lead guitarist.
5. Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John. It is Ya novel about a deaf girl managing the school's rock band. It is a touching coming of age story infused with music despite the heroine being deaf.
6. Thomas and January (Sleepless 2) by Fisher Amelie. This is a emotional love story between ex-musician turned talent scout and a young classical musician who left University to become a talent scout.
7. A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley. A nice YA story of growing up filled with song making and playing the guitar.
8. Thoughtless (Thoughtless 1). Meet the ultimate rock god - Kellan Kyle and the worst cheating heroine, Kiera. This book is worth reading for the hotness of Kellan alone :)))
9. Girl with Guitar (Kylie Rayns 1) by Caisey Quinn. A story about a young girl trying to make it into the country music scene.
10. Louder Than Love by Jessica Topper. I am still reading this one but I enjoy it so far. A former British metal musician and a young widowed librarian - an unlikely combination.