Top Ten Tuesday 20

21:00


Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme hosted The Broke and the Bookish. There is a new topic for each week and the participating bloggers are invited to post their Top Ten lists on it.

Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read 

There are quite a few popular authors I haven't read (yet). Some of them I plan to read, others - not likely.

Authors I'm not sure I'll ever read


J. K. Rowling - I know, I know, I'm one of the few people who actively read and haven't read harry Potter. I felt too old for it when it came out initially and now I just feel in the mood for it.
Dan Brown - I'm curious about the Da Vinci mysteries but I'm not sure if/when I'll get to them.
Cassandra Clare - Her Mortal Instruments series seem to be very popular, at least from what I see on Goodreads, but it's not really my kind of stories.
Sephenie Meyer - I've seen the Twilight movies and that's enough for me, thank you very much.
E. L. James -  have no plans of ever reading this but you never know


Authors I'm looking forward to reading

Diana Gabaldon - I hear great things about her Outlander series and with upcoming TV adaptation, I need to read her asap.
Jennifer AshleyI haven't read any historical romances yet, but I really, really want to try Ms Ashley's Highland Pleasures series
Lisa Kleypas - another historical romance author I'd like to try


Abigail Roux and Madeleine Urban - authors of  Cut & Run - very popular m/m suspense series 
Laini Taylor - author of Daughter of Smoke and Bone series - paranormal romance series. I already have the first book on my Kindle but still haven't read it

Julie Kagawa - another paranormal/fantasy series I'd like to try - The Iron Fey




What popular author you haven't read? Leave me a comment and I'll stop by your TTT to check it out.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I also had Diana Gabaldon, J.K. Rowling, and Stephenie Meyer on my list. I've never been about current writers, actors, or musicians, to say the least. The rabid fans of Harry Potter and Twilight also annoy me.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I've read Rowling, Brown and Meyer from your list. I think this weeks lists are so interesting, so many authors to be introduced to. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read Rowling, but only read her last year and it was reluctantly. I felt way too old for Harry potter and it's really not my style. It was good, but I could have gone without and been just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the first Outlander book around Christmas time. It was long, and started kind slow, but beyond an amazing read. Loved Jamie! Glad your planning on giving it a chance. And Laini Taylor is an awesome author too. And writes beautifully. I just finished her second book. And it was crazy world building, awesome plot -- just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some big names! JKR... I LOVE her even now, reading and rereading her for the past 14 years. :)
    Dan Brown is good too despite some people hating on him.
    I enjoyed Clare's first books too, but the rest are too much, not enjoying them.
    Twilight sucked so you're not really missing out.
    The rest are on my TBR (I did read Kagawa's other series, a bit let down). I wanna read Taylor and Gabaldon soon myself :D
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images