Update on Out of Breath by Rebecca Donovan

09:00

This post is just a brief not on the upcoming release of the final book, Out of Breath, of the Breathing series by Rebecca Donovan next week. 

It has been a long and torturous wait that is nearly over. I cannot describe how excited and a little scared I am to read the finale of this series. I really loved Reason to Breathe and Barely Breathing. I read both books last year before I started my blog, so I haven't reviewed them here. I do plan to write a review of the complete series after I finish Out of Breath.

If you haven't heard about this series, or haven't read it yet, I strongly encourage you to do it. These are YA/NA (in the third book the characters will be in college, so I guess it is NA) novels that deal with a very heavy subject - domestic violence and child abuse. They are not all dark and gloomy, though. I think they are realistic and carry a glimmer of hope for salvation through real friendship and true love. 

Not to go into too much details about book 1 and 2, I will focus more on the upcoming conclusion of the story. Ms Donovan has answered some questions about Out of Breath (no spoilers, I guarantee) on her website. What I was most excited to learn is that Jonathan will be getting his story told in a separate set of  three books and I really hope for a happy end for him. He is a rather controversial character - I feel deeply for him, yet I felt uncomfortable with the way he was introduced into Emma's life. 

I also recommend to check the soundtrack for Out of Breath suggested by Ms Donovan. All the soundtracks suggested by Ms Donovan complement wonderfully her stories. 


To buy the series on Amazon: 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images