Teaser Tuesday 11

11:51


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. I learned about it from my friend Nix at Unraveling Words. Here are the rules:

• Grab your current read

• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! 
• Share the title & author so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.


I have modified them slightly for my Teasers. It will not be two sentences from a random page but two, usually more, sentences from the pages I have read so far that have struck me as most interesting, original or that I just happen to like a lot.

My teaser this week comes from a book which I finished in just one day last week - Faking It by Cora Carmack. This is her second book and it is a sequel to Losing It. It tells the story of Cade (whom we meet in Losing It) and Max. I loved the first book and the really liked the second. It can be read as stand alone, though it is better to read Losing It first, thus you will have the background story on Cade. You can read my review of Losing It on Goodreads and check my blog later this week for the review of Faking It. 

"I smiled, swished my frilly skirt, and glanced at the front entrance as the door swung open. Another cloud of smoke rolled in through the door. Like he was stepping out of the fog, Cade appeared. My twenty-four-hour, pretend-we-met-in-a-library, mom-hugging, golden-boy-boyfriend. "

Faking It by Cora Carmack 

Mackenzie “Max” Miller has a problem. Her parents have arrived in town for a surprise visit, and if they see her dyed hair, tattoos, and piercings, they just might disown her. Even worse, they’re expecting to meet a nice, wholesome boyfriend, not a guy named Mace who has a neck tattoo and plays in a band. All her lies are about to come crashing down around her, but then she meets Cade.

Cade moved to Philadelphia to act and to leave his problems behind in Texas. So far though, he’s kept the problems and had very little opportunity to take the stage. When Max approaches him in a coffee shop with a crazy request to pretend to be her boyfriend, he agrees to play the part. But when Cade plays the role a little too well, they’re forced to keep the ruse going. And the more they fake the relationship, the more real it begins to feel.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. LOL! Great teaser. Sounds like a good book, too.
    Here's my teaser...
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2013/06/teaser-tuesday-june-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I've been dying to read Losing It for a few weeks now, and this just makes me want to read it more so I can read this one! :)

    Here's my teaser, if you feel like checking it out! :)

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images