Review: Girl with the Cat Tattoo by Theresa Weir

00:00

Title: Girl with the Cat Tattoo (Cool Cats #1)
Author: Theresa Weir
Date of publication: 29 May 2012
Genre: Contemporary Romance, New Adult, Comedy

Author's links:

My rating: 3.5 stars


I am posting this alternative because it is just so cute and fits the story perfectly. The other cover works better as part of the series, that's while I have included it as well. 

Goodreads Blurb

For cat lovers everywhere, this sweet, quirky, and delightful romance is about a young woman and her matchmaking cat. A little bit of mystery, a whole lot of whimsy. 

When a matchmaking cat takes it upon himself to find his young mistress a new mate, he accidentally stirs up memories better left forgotten.

Melody’s husband was murdered by what seemed a random act of violence. Two years later, the killer hasn’t been caught, and Melody is coping in unhealthy ways. During the day she’s a mild-mannered children’s librarian, but at night she’s a party girl, hanging out in bars, drinking with new friends, and often bringing home strange men. Although acquaintances have tried to keep in touch, Melody has cut herself off from most of the people in her old life. Max, her eccentric cat, doesn’t approve of her new friends, he’s tired of the parade of losers, and he finally takes it upon himself to find Melody a new man.


My Review

I read the second book in the series first and I really enjoyed it so I decided to go back and read book 1 as well. And I am glad to say that it turned out be the right decision. This one was just as good, albeit a bit different than Geek with the Cat Tattoo (my review)

It was a quick and cute romantic read. I like the author's laid back writing style and I enjoyed the idea of giving voice to Max the cat. He was funny and sweet, just adorable and I even don't like cats that much. 

I loved the romance in the story and liked both Melody and Joe. They are both very real, ordinary people who find each other with the help of one extraordinary cat. Their story was told very much from Max's POV which made it a rather unusual read.

The author added a strong element of suspense/action which balanced the sweetness of the romance. The action brought Joe and Melody together but it also drove them apart, at least temporarily. 

I don't particularly like name dropping in the books that I read, so at first I was put off by the whole Ellen Degeneres situation but after thinking things through I decided it worked well in the story with Max being the cool cat he is. 

It is not a laugh-out-loud kind of funny book, yet it leaves you with a goofy smile on your face (it's Max's fault mostly, though Melody adds a lot it as well) and with a warm feeling in your heart (I blame Joe for that).

It is the perfect light read that I can recommend to anyone who loves romance mixed with some suspense and whole lot of humor and cat's matchmaking and musings on life and love.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images