New and Debut: Alex West

00:00

It's time for another New and Debut author spotlight. I'm happy to welcome over to the blog today Alex West, author of mm romance whose debut mm romcom Anything But Real was just released this week. Read on to learn more about Alex, his writing inspiration and what kind of stories can we expect from him in the future. 



Meet Alex 


1. Tell us about yourself and why did you decide to become a romance writer?

Hi there! Well, I love books. And I love romance. And I guess I just decided to put the two together! In all honesty, I’ve always been a real romantic. I think there’s romance in everything, and I love reading about love and watching movies about it. I’ve never been able to get enough! So I wanted to write about it. There’s something so special about two people (or three!) falling deeply in love. 

2. Can you share some of your favourite books and authors?

Of course! I have tons of favorite authors and books, and I think, for me, a lot of those favorites change based on how I’m feeling. I will say that I think Riley Hart is an inspiration. I love everything she writes. You can truly feel her characters. I also really love Christina Lee, who has such an easy way with words that I’m jealous! Her writing is clean and superb. 

3. Who/what do you consider your writing influence/inspiration?

I think that life is an inspiration. I know people say that a lot, but there’s something so romantic about living as full of a life as you can. I get ideas every single day! Plus, I really love watching movies and reading books about love. I think you can get ideas from anything. 

4. What kind of stories can the readers expect from you (contemporary/historical/sci-fi, adult/NA/YA, etc)?

Readers can expect warm, happy stories filled with sarcasm, sex and lots of swoony, romantic scenes. I write New Adult, and like to focus on characters who love love just as much as I do. My Anything series is a series of standalone books that are extremely happy. They’re easy beach reads and will put a smile on your face. My Hart Boys series, which will be out soon, is a lot more sexy but still really fun. I like to write characters, so expect big ideas and lots of romance. 

5. Please, introduce your latest/upcoming release.

Thanks! My debut book, Anything But Real, is out on June 20, 2017 and is a warm and swoony romantic comedy. It’s perfect if you want an easy read for summer, or one that will just put a smile on your face. Lots of love and lots of romantic tension. I have another book in the Anything series called Anything Like Lies, which will be out soon. And then my Hart Boys series, which will begin with the first book Watch Me, will be out soon as well! 



BLURB: 

Benjamin Walters and Reid Adams are good at walking away. Good at hiding the truth. So when Ben and Reid find each other again after years apart, they're surprised when the last thing they want to say is goodbye. And when Ben's sister gets engaged, asking Reid to be his wedding date feels like the right thing to do. In fact, everything about being with Reid feels right.
But when an unexpected announcement turns them from second chance boyfriends to fake fiancés, their relationship ignites in lies. Soon, both Ben and Reid are faced with the ultimate decision, one that will define their lives forever. Is their accidental engagement worth losing a future together? Because even though a wedding may be easy to fake, Ben and Reid are beginning to realize their hearts don't lie as easily.

Purchase links: Amazon / B&N


Author Bio and Links

Alex West is the New Adult author of Watch Me, book one in the Hart Boys series, and the standalone gay romantic comedy, Anything But Real.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images